Kim Angel is a European athlete, bodybuilder, and Olympia competitor from Spain. He first started his journey into the fitness industry through competitive sports at school. However, Kim’s life took a dramatic turn when his father passed away when he was only a child.
In his mid-teens, Kim discovered a love for break-dancing, which he pursued until he was 18. Around this age, Kim also stumbled upon gym-based strength training. Over time, Kim developed a passion for bodybuilding, so much so, it slowly developed into a full-time hobby.
At this point, Kim decided to put break-dancing on hold in order to dedicate himself to crafting his physique. Due to his competitive nature, Kim decided to enter the fierce world of bodybuilding.
Since taking the leap into bodybuilding, Kim has competed in prestigious shows. More specifically, the Muscular Physique Category, such as the Arnold Classic Europe, and the IFBB Amateur Olympia with a string of top 3 places to his name.
This is his journey:
“Muscular training is the best way to concentrate on myself, nobody can make the moves for me.”
|Full Name: Kim Angel|
|Weight||Height||Year of Birth||Nationality|
|185 – 195lbs (83.9 – 88.5kg)||5’9″ (175cm)||1992||Spanish|
|Athlete & Coach||2010, 2000|
|Weight||185 – 195lbs (83.9 – 88.5kg)|
|Year of Birth||1992|
|Profession||Athlete & Coach|
“Nobody can discourage me or bring me down. Nothing will stop me from reaching my dream.”
- 2014 Olympia Amateur Malaga, 7th Place
- 2014 IFBB Swiss Championship, 3rd Place
- 2014 Swiss international Open, 2nd Place
- 2015 Olympia Amateur Liverpool
- 2015 Olympia Amateur Prague, 3rd Place
- 2015 Arnold Classic Europe, 3rd Place
- 2016 Arnold Classic Europe, Muscular Physique Champion 1st place
“I believe in my dream of becoming the best of myself.”
A Competitive Athlete
Kim Angel was born in 1992 in Barcelona, Spain. From an early age, Kim developed a love for competitive sports such as track and field, and football. It wasn’t until later on in life where Kim decided to focus on bodybuilding.
Losing His Father
When Kim was only a child, his father passed away.
On the day of his father’s passing, Kim said he was faced with a choice; he could let the pain consume him or he could overcome it. Kim chose to overcome it. “The life I was given didn’t give me any other option,” said Kim.
Kim threw himself into competitive sports at school which helped him cope and recover from the loss of his father. When Kim was 10 years old, he started to break dance.
This was his main passion until he turned 18 years old.
Kim had reached a very high level of competition but stopped competing at break dancing to focus on strength training. This is where his love for lifting weights and perfecting his physique was born.
After months of intense training Kim started competing in 2014, where he placed 7th at the Olympia Amateur in Malaga.
Later on, he went on to take place 3rd in the 2015 Arnold Classic Europe, and 1st in the 2016 Arnold Classic Europe, Muscular Physique category.
Kim always makes sure he keeps his eyes on his goals at all times. He says the reason for his success in the bodybuilding industry and sports as a child, was due to losing his father, and the strength that it gave him.
“I am very driven and had to stay positive, no matter what life threw at me.”
Kim likes to adopt a split training approach. He focuses on a separate body part each day. A typical training week for Kim looks like this:
- Leg Extension 5 x 20-30
- Squats 4 x 10-12
- Leg Press 3 x 10-12
- Lunges 3 x 10-12
- Deadlifts 3 x 10-12
- Leg Curls 3 x 12 (Triple Drop Sets)
- Incline Bench Press 4 x 10-12
- Bench Press 4 x 15
- Dumbbell Incline Fly 4 x 10-12
- Decline Bench Press 3 x 10-12
- Machine Fly 3 x 10-12
- Single Arm Cable Extension 3 x 10-12
- Straight Bar Pushdown 3 x 12 (Triple Drop Sets)
- Hanging Leg Raises Twists 7 x 8-10
- Cable Rope Crunch 4 x 8-10
- Decline Bench Oblique Crunch 3 x 12-15
- Ab Machine 3 x 10-12
- Lateral Pulldown 4 x 10-12
- Straight Bar Pushdown 3 x 10-12
- T-Bar Row 3 x 4-6
- Dumbbell Row 3 x 12-15
- Olympic EZ Bar Curls 3 x 6
- Dumbbell Hammer Curl 3 x 10-12
- Cable Bicep Curl 3 x 10-12
- Lateral Raises 5 x 12
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press 4 x 10-12
- Front Raise 3 x 10-12
- Smith Press 3 x 10-12
- Rear Delt Raise 3 x 12
- Smith Machine 3 x 10-12
- Dumbbell Shrugs 3 x 10-12
- HIIT Cardio Circuit
- Hanging Leg Raise 5 x 15-20
- Cable Rope Crunch 4 x 8-10
- Decline Bench Oblique Crunch 3 x 25-30
- Ab Machine 3 x 10-12
“Think about your muscle when you train it, squeeze and stretch it in every set.”
Kim consumes 6 prepared meals every day. Each meal contains a lean protein source, his favorite being chicken breast and salmon. He gets most of his carbohydrates through oats and sweet potatoes.
- Meal 1: 2 ½ ounces Oats and 10 ounces Egg Whites
- Meal 2: 6 ounces Chicken Breast, 3 ½ ounces Sweet Potatoes
- Meal 3: 6 ounces Red Meat, 3 ½ ounces Potatoes and 9 ounces Vegetables
- Meal 4: 7 ounces Chicken Breast and 1 Tomato
- Meal 5: 7 ounces Lean Fish and 9 ounces Mixed Vegetables
- Meal 6: 3 ½ ounces Salmon and 10 ounces Egg Whites
Kim also takes supplements to fine-tune his physique. The supplements he uses include:
- BCAA 4:1:1
- Omega 3
Idols and Influences
Kim’s biggest motivation comes from his fans and the encouraging words he so often receives on social media. He is a self-motivated individual and draws on his strength from within which were cultivated from his life experiences.
“On our way to reach our goals, we dramatically increase our mental strength because we have to be perseverant, and believe in our capacity to change our physique.” Kim Angel
“When we reach our goals, we know we are the one who made the effort to reach what I call ‘success’.”
What we can learn from Kim Angel
Kim is a huge believer in the importance of goal setting and has stated that ‘”t’s really important for me to have new goals every day.” The sad loss of his father proved to be the defining moment in Kim’s life, from which his positive mindset and drive to succeed developed.
Tough life experiences don’t have to break you, they can make you stronger. Keep pushing forward and keep setting yourself new goals. Stay positive, believe in yourself, and continue on the road to self-improvement are all part of Kim’s daily mantras.