From Moscow, the capital of Russia, Rida Kashipova is a fitness model and rising social media star. She regularly interacts with her followers; replying to their comments, uploading photos and videos of her workouts, along with posting motivational quotes.
However, Rida didn’t always lead this kind of lifestyle. She grew up practicing gymnastics and going to dance classes; assured this would give the toned look she wanted. But this didn’t happen – she stayed lean and “skinny” throughout her teenage years.
It wasn’t until 2013, when she joined a gym, that Rida finally started noticing progress on her physique. Her newly incorporated weight training program changed her appearance so much, that she became “enthralled” with the results.
From that moment on, Rida began sharing her transformation with the online world; attracting new opportunities in the modeling and fitness industry – creating an enjoyable lifestyle, and career for herself.
|Full Name: Rida Kashipova|
|Weight||Height||Year of Birth||Nationality|
|135 – 145lbs (61.2 – 65.8kg)||5’10” (177.5cm)||1996||Russian|
|Weight||135 – 145lbs (61.2 – 65.8kg)|
|Year of Birth||1996|
- Social Media Personality
- Professional Model
Rida modified her training in a way that it serves her as both a strength workout, and cardio at the same time. She does this by having short rest periods between the sets; keeping her heart up throughout the entire training session.
Besides being more time-efficient, Rida has found this type of training induces better fat loss, and muscle hypertrophy than a regular strength training-cardio split.
Her workouts last for around an hour and a half. During this time, Rida will perform a variety of exercises which target muscles such as glutes, legs, arms, and abs – these are her favorite muscle groups to train.
Rida’s Training Routine
Rida trains five times per week, with Saturdays and Sundays being her recovery days. She trains mostly with light weights, focusing on the muscle contraction, and form.
This is how her workout plan for muscle toning looks like;
Monday: Legs (Glute dominant) and Abs
- Aerobic exercises for 15-30 minutes
- Squats, 5 sets of 12-20 reps (pyramid sets)
- Lunges, 3 sets of 12-14 reps
- Leg Press, 3 sets of 18-20 reps
- Smith Machine Calf Raises, 8 sets of 12-20 reps
- Crunches, 3 sets of 20 reps
- Swiss Ball Twisting Crunches, 3 sets of 20 reps
- Ez Bar Biceps Curls, 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Dumbbell Hammer Curls, 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Cable Biceps Curls, 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Cable Triceps Pushdowns, 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Close-grip bench press, 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Dips, until failure
- Aerobic exercises for 15-30 minutes
- Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press, 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Lateral Raises, 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Dumbbell Front Raises, 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Rear Delt Flys, 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Deadlifts, 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Pull-ups, 3 sets of 6-10 reps
- Lat-Pull downs, 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Seated Cable Rows, 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Cable Face-Pulls, 3 sets of 12-20 reps
Friday: Legs (Quads and Hamstrings dominant) and Abs
- Squats (legs shoulder-width apart), 5 sets of 12-20 reps
- Leg Extensions, 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Lying Leg Curls, 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Seated Calf Raises supersetted with Standing Calf Raises, 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Smith Machine Calf Raises, 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Crunches, 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Swiss Ball Twisting Crunches, 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Hanging Leg Raises, 3 sets of 12-20 reps
As Rida says, it’s clear that cardio by itself isn’t enough to maintain a physique such as hers. To achieve her impressive looks, she carefully measures her macros; making sure that she never surpasses her daily allowance in calories.
For proteins, she eats only lean meats, greek yogurt, low-fat cheese, and egg whites. As she isn’t a big fan of fish, she takes a fish oil supplement to get omega-3 fatty acids in her system.
Her carbohydrate sources are brown rice, whole-wheat bread, and fruits. As for fats, she gets them from foods such as avocado, egg yolks, nuts, and olive oil.
Unsurprisingly, there’s not much room left for cheat meals. In a rare case where she has one, Rida will compensate by doing an hour or two of cardio in addition to her regular weight training.